Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description
This role provides support across multiple project tasks and offers excellent exposure to the diversity of e-lawyering and U.S immigration practice. The administrative legal Assistant will play an integral role in supporting the Principal Attorney and could develop client relationships. The Principal Partner needs to be able to trust this candidate to manage important projects with many competing deadlines. Whether assisting in legal research, managing office communication, managing client/attorney relationships to streamlining office operations and procedures, every day will be different. The position is only for enthusiastic, hardworking candidates who are interested in the legal industry
- Minimum of 2 years of related administrative support experience.
- Legal experience supporting attorneys ideally with case preparation is preferable.
- Proficiency in Google Apps, Microsoft Office 2019 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports, and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with the ability to produce accurate work products when transcribing tapes, formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Excellent client service skills with a proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Adaptable. You can adjust your work style to fit the needs of busy attorneys.
- Detailed. You know how critical quality work is to a legal case.
- Service-oriented. You always put the client first and deliver top service.
- Curious. Your interest in the legal field helps you provide superior support to the team.
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc.
- Monetizing client contacts.
- Open, maintain, and close client files.
- E-filing in various courts and jurisdictions.
- Track Expense reports.
- Prepare and draft a variety of legal documents.
- Format documents, input data, edit, copy, scan and transmit text, data, and graphics, transcribe tapes.
- Opening and closing of the office
- Providing support to Attorneys and office staff
- Answer incoming calls and provide outstanding service to clients
- Effectively manage the reception area
- Provide high-level administrative support
- Prioritize client matters an adapt to sudden changes while remaining diligent
- General office duties
- Eager to grow in the legal field
Distance Is No Barrier, Call Us Now!